Air travel destinations (10 of 22) - IATA map sub-areas
It is important to check which city or country is located in an IATA area as there are some surprises. For example,Morocco and Sudan are both African countries, but IATA defines Morocco in Europe and Sudan in the Middle East.
- Area 1
- North Atlantic
- Canada, USA and Mexico.
- Mid Atlantic
- Bahamas, Bermuda, Bolivia, Belize, Caribbean Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Surinam, Venezuala.
- South Atlantic
- Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay.
- Area 2
- All the European countries including Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, the Russian Federation (to the west of the Ural Mountains).
- Middle East
- All the middle Eastern countries plus Egypt, Cyprus and Sudan.
- All the African countries (excluding Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Sudan) including Madagascar, Seychelles and Mauritius.
- Area 3
- Some of the main countries are Bangladesh, Brunei, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam.
- South West Pacific
- Comprises Australia, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand and various associated Pacific Islands
Click here to close this window.